What is EFT tapping?
EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique is a healing technique that uses tapping on various body points. It operates by releasing blockages within the energy system, which are the source of emotional intensity and discomfort. These blockages in the course often limit an individual’s capacity to live a healthy and harmonious life. Nowadays, the current lifestyle always demands physical, mental, and emotional health. Individuals often cannot cope with the amount of stress they undergo with everyday jobs, relationships, personal lives, etc. For that, individuals need something quick to use but also something that can bring resolutions. EFT tapping is one such technique. By tapping on different parts of the body stimulates a balance of energy and reduces emotional and physical pain. As stated in EFT International, this technique can be helpful for people with:
• chronic pain
• weight loss issues
• other problems
How does EFT work?
Every negative emotion causes a disturbance in the body’s energy. Physical symptoms cause emotional distress, health problems create reactions, and uncertain emotional problems exemplify themselves through physical symptoms. Therefore, a body’s health must be looked at as a whole and not in parts. One cannot only treat symptoms by not addressing the cause and inversely.
A body is composed of energy, like every little thing in the universe. To restore energy balance in the body, one needs to mend all the off-putting emotions and physical symptoms that spring from the energy disruption. Tapping repairs a body’s energy balance from dominating negative emotions.
Basic EFT requires individuals to focus on the negative emotions while sustaining mental focus on issues using one’s fingertips to tap 5-7 times each on 12 meridian points of the body. When you practice tapping on these meridian points while focusing on resolving negative emotions, it will access the body’s energy and restore it to a balanced state.
In some cases, Tapping is somewhat similar to acupuncture. Just like Tapping, acupuncture brings about healing by invigorating a body’s energy flow and meridians. However, acupuncture involves needles, and Tapping is needle-less; it is a plus point and safe for people insecure about needles.
Acupuncture also takes years to master. Tapping is simple and painless. It can learn more about it if you consider taking Emotional Freedom Classes in Delhi from a certified energy practitioner. Once an individual understands the technique, it can be applied to oneself no matter when or where. It is also quick, inexpensive, and can be used with exact emotional intention towards one’s own distinctive life challenges and experiences. But, most importantly, it gives an individual the power to heal.
EFT tapping in steps
Following are five crisp critical steps to follow while trying the EFT:
1. Identify the issue: A person must first identify the problem. For this technique to be effective, this will be your focal point while you’re tapping.
2. Test the initial intensity: The individual attempting the EFT tapping needs to set a target intensity level. The intensity level is usually rated on a scale from 0 to 10, and 10 is the most challenging. The scale targets the emotional or physical pain and discomfort one may go through.
3. The setup: Before Tapping, individuals need to come up with a phrase that explains what they’re trying to tackle. The phrase must focus on two main objectives -‘ acknowledging issues’ and ‘accepting yourself’ regardless of the problem. The standard setup phrase is: ‘Even though I have this [insert the fear or issue], I deeply and completely accept myself.’
4. EFT tapping sequence: The EFT tapping sequence has a proper method to it by tapping on the ends of nine meridian points. There are about 12 main meridians that reflect each side of the body that harmonize with internal organs. While tapping the ascending points, narrate the phrase to maintain focus on the problem area. Recite the phrase at every tapping point. One can repeat the tapping sequence two or three times.
5. Test the final intensity: At the end of the tapping sequence, rate the intensity level on a scale from 0 to 10. Then compare results with the initial intensity level. If one doesn’t reach the desired level, repeat this process until the target level is achieved.
You can join our emotional freedom technique classes in Delhi or contact Cosmicx Healing Art for more information.